(Starts at the 6:30 minute mark) Prepare for the birth of your baby and work to alleviate pregnancy-related discomforts by practicing gentle, modified yoga poses and breathing exercises. Prenatal yoga class is a wonderful opportunity for pregnant people to celebrate their changing bodies and growing babies. Appropriate for anyone at any stage of pregnancy.
Benefits of Prenatal Yoga Include:
– Increases overall strength, flexibility and well-being.
– Stimulates your organ systems, promoting the circulation of blood and oxygen.
– Reduces low back pain and sciatica–teaching proper body alignment.
– Reduces swelling and inflammation around your joints, and aids in digestion.
– The combination of the physical or “asana” portion of yoga with the emotional and spiritual component, reduces anxiety and helps you experience the miracle and empowerment of pregnancy.
You are not required to be pregnant to take this class.